11. July 2018 46
In North Rhine-Westphalia (NRW) since 22. June 2018, a new cormorant regulation.
The culling of cormorants (in NRW not a huntable species) in the framework of the regulation is set equal to the authorized Hunting rights (photo: Shutterstock)
The LJV NRW points out, in this connection, the desired support from the fishermen by the hunting community, be absolutely sure is that the rules and regulations of the cormorant regulation are complied with.
One of them especially:
- The release of cormorants is limited to those breeding on, or closer than 250 meters to a standing or flowing waters, or in the main – or sideline-powered plant for fish or fish farming according to § 1 paragraph 2 and 3 of the fisheries act.
- Except for cormorants in a pacified district (except in the fenced-in equipment for fish breeding or fish farming), in a national Park, a conservation area or in a Natura 2000 area, or on private waters, provided that the authorised persons have not given their consent to the launch in writing.
- The firing is allowed from 16. August to 1. March in the time of one and a half hours prior to sunrise to one and one-half hours after sunset. In the period from 2. March to 15. August may be killed from sunrise to sunset only in the juvenile plumage being (immatur-colored), not in the breeding business, involved in the cormorants.
- The launch of the respective hunting exercise of authorized or by him to launch the authorized hunting license holder is entitled, except in the case of enclosed installations.
- The practice of hunting the lower hunting authority have authorized up to 15. April of each year, the hunted cormorants in the annual route message.
- Killed cormorants may be suitable, but not marketed.
- The culling of cormorants (in NRW not a huntable species) in the framework of the regulation is set equal to the authorized Hunting rights. In addition, the hunter should check with their respective hunting liability insurance, whether any such liability damage, resulting in the culling of cormorants.
The full Text of the cormorant regulation you will find here …