28. November 2018 97
The CDU/CSU parliamentary group in the German Bundestag yesterday (27. November) a position paper on the topic of “wolves in Germany” adopted.
Gitta Connemann, Vice-Chairman. Chairman of the CDU/CSU parliamentary group, Dr. Georg Nüßlein, Vice-Chairman. Chairman of the CDU/CSU group in the Bundestag Henning Otte, the Chairman of the discussion group for hunting, fishing and the nature of the CDU/CSU parliamentary group in the presentation of the paper (press photo)
The Worries and Fears of the people, especially in rural regions needs to be taken into account. “The protection of the people and of the grazing animals but also the protection of the diversity of species in our diverse natural and cultural landscape is a priority for us,” MdB Henning Otte, the Chairman of the discussion group for hunting, fishing and the nature of the CDU/CSU group in the Bundestag, as well as the directly elected member for the constituency of Celle-Uelzen at the presentation of the draft in Berlin. It was important to him, not ideologically, but with a scientific, data-based, ideology-free and pragmatic approach to create the basis for political Action.
The position paper of “wolves in Germany – Concerns, safety, inventory regulate” contains 6 main demands:
- a realistic assessment of the Wolf population in Germany and Europe
- nature and species protection law changes
- an effective national wolf management plan
- by means of appropriate measures in the framework of the national wolf management should ensure that between wolf protection areas and wolf management areas, a distinction is made
- the inclusion of the wolf to the hunting law
- comprehensive state aid in the prevention of wolf damage and in the regulation in case of damage in the area of the pasture animal husbandry and other property impaired
The German hunting Association (DJV) reviewed on 27. November 2018, presented the position paper of the CDU/CSU parliamentary group as positive. It will be welcomed that in the draft of the favourable conservation status achieved. The DJV welcome it due to the current Situation that the CDU/CSU calls for a group, the full exploitation of the framework of the European habitats Directive. Also, according to the DJV, the Wolf should be transferred to the Federal hunting law.